Hi, I’m Tammy!
I’m so happy you’re here!
I am a mom to two daughters and a son. I am also a step-mother to 6, and with those
I have a ton of experience
When I was 7 years old my mom was put on bed rest and so all of the cooking, cleaning, and taking care of a home was left to me. Later she started working full time, and so I continued to do the “mom” duties. I have spent most of my life, cooking, cleaning, and taking care of kids. Everywhere I went, I collected recipes, cleaning tips, and child-care knowledge. Everybody, from friends, neighbors, teachers, and relatives, to those I babysat for, contributed to my knowledge.
I also have a Bachelor’s degree in Special Education.
Most of my experience and knowledge has come from being a wife and mother and learning as I go along. I have spent the last 18 years being a stay-at-home mom and 9 of those years, having school at home.
- Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- Thunderstorms and the colors of the rainbow after a storm.
- smelling freshly cut grass on a warm Summer day.
- seeing jackrabbits scamper through the woods, hills full of deer, and bottle feeding a newborn lamb.
- making snow angels, and playing in the snow.
- lying on the grass and looking up at a star-filled sky.
- Meadows full of wildflowers,
pinetrees, quakin’ aspen trees, and wading in a stream
- Camping and spending time with my family in the mountains.
- Country music
- Spending time with my Children and Grandchildren, my extended family, and the love of my life.
- Watching Hallmark movies with my husband
- and of course, Chocolate.
I would love to share my recipes, tips, ideas, and advice with you.
My blog is mostly for mom’s who need ideas and help for taking care of a home and family, which includes physical, mental, emotional, temporal, and spiritual needs. But it is not just for mom’s but for dad’s or anybody, young or old. It is also for those who need uplifting thoughts and comfort.
Please feel free to share your tips and ideas with me, and comment on what you read in my blog. I hope that you will find something helpful to you in your life. Thanks for reading.